Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Happy Spring


Is it spring already? It sure feels like spring here.  Today, the sun is up and so is the temperature.  We are currently enjoying 60 F degrees but it's not officially spring yet.  Hmmm... I wonder what spring has instore for us. 
Last week, I saw a bouquet of yellow tulips the moment I stepped inside a grocery store.  I stared at the tulips for a few seconds...and I thought, spring is just around the corner...and spring cleaning is gonna happen soon. LOL
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Today, my card was inspired by the tulips I saw at the grocery store. The patterned paper I used here is from Echo Park called Springtime  and I just love the colors of the paper.  The flowers are from WOC. The tulips and the rose were originally white and I stained them with Wild Honey & Mustard Seed Distress Inks. The stamps are Tulip wheelbarrow and Tilda w/ lace shoes. 
I colored Tilda very lightly to show that spring feel.  I had a few buttons that matched the paper which I thought would give a more spring-y look to the card. I also stitched around the edges of the patterned paper using my sewing machine.

~*~*~*~*~
I'm entering this card here:
Just Magnolia: Challenge #146 Special Monthly Challenge
Magnolia-licious Challenge Blog: Think Spring
MDUC: Challenge#136 Buttons & bows
Simon Says Challenge Blog:  Anything Goes
Deep Ocean Challenge: #20 Spring



 



A closer look at Tilda

  

The pull out for any sentiment.
 

Distress Inks used:
Tulip: wild honey & mustard seed
Leaves & grass: shabby shutters & peeled paint
Wheelbarrow: brushed corduroy, vintage photo & walnut stain, back soot
Tilda: Antique line, walnut stain, tattered rose, spun sugar, worn lipstick, shabby shutters

~*~*~*~*~
Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day!

Mae

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Mae... I love the gorgeous polka dot buttons and your lovely flowers. Your colouring is wonderful.

    Thanks for joining us at Magnolia Down Under for the Buttons and Bows Challenge.

    Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card. I adore the gorgeous spring colours that you have used and your embellies are just the right amount. I wish we were heading into spring. Here in Aus we have just finished summer, the days are getting longer and colder!

    Thanks for joining and sharing with us at MDUC this week hugs from Bron xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stunned!! Your card is one of the most beautiful cards that I have seen lately and believe me, I've seen a lot!! Love all of the details and your coloring is fabby!! So glad I stopped by to have a look see!! Thanks so much for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
    xoxo, Christine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card.. great detail!
    hugs....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!